• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
amusingadam

Gearbox

welshpug

clutch release bearing sounds shot.

amusingadam

clutch release bearing is 3 days old took a perfectly good clutch out thinking that was the fault

ORB

Is it clicked into the arm properly?

daneldridge23

sounds like the bearings come of the arm

amusingadam

Allow me to explain the video the noise gets louder the more you press the clutch if there's no load on the clutch then its fine I would find it hard to believe that 2 bearing have come off the ARM 1 was in for nearly 12 months fairly sure everything is back in perfectly I'm thinking its the box its self never herd a box make that noise ever way its got to come off

welshpug

Forgot oil?

amusingadam

Nope got oil filled correctly

NFS

general logic would say that the release bearing is either faulty or not seated properly. if the noise happens when the clutch is not engaged then it would be the gearbox at fault normally the input shaft bearing, and if the noise happens when the clutch is engaging/engaged then its the clutch at fault normally the release bearing.

dcc

I dont agree NFS. the release bearing noise usually only happens when clutch is not touched, and dissapears when clutch is depressed. Good call suggesting the input shaft bearing though.

NFS

I dont agree NFS. the release bearing noise usually only happens when clutch is not touched, and dissapears when clutch is depressed. Good call suggesting the input shaft bearing though.

humm, ive heard people say this before, but if the release bearing is not being used ie not pressed then why would it make a noise? logic says it will only make a noise when its being used, and from the vid it only makes the noise when the clutch is pressed down and stops when the clutch pedel is relased.

im only going on what i seen plenty of times in the past and what i have replaced. :ph34r:

amusingadam

The issue is the release bearing is new and with the old one the noise was present so I would think if its not the ARM at fault then surly it must be the box ?????? Thanks for the replys guys

ORB

What make of clutch is it?

welshpug

have you changed the bushes?

amusingadam

Luk clutch and bushes I was unaware of any bushes requiring replacement ?????? Tell more

ORB

in the lever arm thing. yellow or white bushes. very cheap from pug.

welshpug

Just a thought as the offset varied, but if it did it before and the parts youve changed didnt fix it then its probably something else.

Does it drive and does the pedal feel good?

amusingadam

Perfect changes gear goes well when needed just that noise clutch cable old so a litle heavy but not the clutch