• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
benny205mi16

Petert Stage2 Cam

benny205mi16

Hello,

I have a stage2 Petert cam for an mi16,

On his website it says extra compression and uprated injectors are recommended, I am having the block decked to sort the compression but do you know what injectors should be used with this set up?

Thank you

ORB

I'd contact Peter himself. He's on here!

dcc

erm injectors make little/no difference. what you need is for it to be mapped :)

benny205mi16

Hi,

I would contact Petert himself but, I did not buy it direct from him, it was 2nd hand. Thought it might seem cheeky.

and as for uprating the injectors, I have looked back over Petert website and he says larger injectors would be a benefit,

Stage II Intake (regrind or new billet)

A more aggressive hydraulic grind with rougher idle. Needs 10:1 minimum to work properly. Aftermarket ECU and bigger injectors are required as this cam will make well over 180hp on a standard inlet manifold and 200hp with throttle bodies. Use with standard or Stage 0.5 exhaust cam.

I have between little and No experience with this area, hence searching for advice.

petert

You definitely need bigger injectors. Otherwise it will run lean and never make optimum power. Standard 1.9L injectors are only good for 180-185hp @ 3 Bar. You will need an injector with a minimum of 250cc/min flow rate, in addition to getting it remapped. Feel free to ask any questions.

Edited by petert