• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Maccer

No Spark On A 106 - Possible Dead Coilpack?

Maccer

My girfriend's old 106 has stopped running and it's not getting any spark. It's a 1.4i single point TU3MC Bosch MA 3.0.

I think it's the coilpack but wanted to check with you guys on here before I start swapping bits out..

DSC04141s_zps71e72960.jpg

I've been using the above diagram from the book.

There's 12v from pin 3 on the coilpack connector when cranking and continuity on wires 110 and 111 between the coil and ECU.

Both sides of the fuel injector relay are functioning, the left side is switched with the ignition on and the right side is on when cranking.

I looked up how to test the coilpack and the haynes book says there should be continuity between the low tension +ive and the two low tension -ives. I found on the coilpack there's continuity between all 4 of the contacts in any combination. Not sure if this is right or not but it would mean continuity between the three pins the haynes specifies at least.

The book then also says there should be continuity between the HT side and the +ive LT feed. I get nothing between any of the HT terminals and any of the coilpack contacts. The top two HT terminals and the bottom two HT terminals have continuity as pairs - top pair, bottom pair. Does any of this point to a faulty CP?

ORB

It's a very common fault. Also the plugs are known to give out.