• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sy84

Peter T Cam

sy84

hi guys iv just brought a stage 2 peter t cam to go into my mi16, i hear of these number 4 pullys being used sorry to sound thick but what are these and where do i buy one from? or is it best to use vernier pullys? its also goin to be run on weber 45s

many thanks sy :)

welshpug

Ideally you would use a vernier pulley to get it spot on.

a "number 4" pulley is a standard 1.9 MI16/bx16v pulley, specifically with a particular woodruff key position, the 2.0 for example used two "number 2" pulleys.

http://www.taylor-eng.com/xu9j4/16v_overview.html

Anthony

Best to run a vernier if you can to ensure that the timing is bang on.

I can't remember if one of Peter's stage 2 cams times up properly on a #4 pulley, as I had a feeling that would end up a little over-advanced. I'm sure he'll confirm if and when he reads this.

There were three types of cam pulley fitted on Mi16 engines which position/time the cam slightly differently, which have a number 2, 3, or 4 stamped on them. #2's were found on all 2.0 Mi16/S16's and earlier D6C (non-CAT) 1.9 Mi16's and were the most retarded, #3's were found on the inlet cam on DFW (CAT) 1.9 Mi16's and are a halfway house, and #4's were found on the inlet of some later D6C 1.9 Mi16's and are the most advanced.

If you look on Peter's website, the timing information for the various pulleys is listed.

sy84

ok thanks guys, think its best i go for a vernier then realy

petert

It's your choice, but as it's easy enough to put it together with standard pulleys, I'd try that first. Measure the cam timing and then make a decision. There's plenty of #4's around and in my experience it will put the inlet cam lobe centre line between 106-107 deg. Perfecto.