• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
aldworth33

Xu10 Oil Leak

aldworth33

Well finally took the plunge and bought a 205 with a xsara vts xu10 conversion and one thing is bugging me with it, there always seem to be oil (smells like engine oil) on top of the gearbox, the oil level hasn't noticeably dropped but it must be coming from somewhere on the flywheel side of the engine and all round where the Speedo cable runs up the back is oily. Anyway just wondering if anyone had any ideas as to common faults or what could be causing this before I have to start ripping it to bits to see where its coming from.

Thanks Aidan

welshpug

cam cover seal, vacuum pump, crank seal, driveshaft seal, flywheel end main bearing cap seals (aka hockey stick seals)

aldworth33

Cheers for the tips, just looked on the guy I bought it off's profile and saw a thread about said leak which pissed me off a tad as when I asked him about the oil he said it was stuff he'd spilt. So tad annoyed he lied but suppose thats part of buying a car. Anyways gunna be fun sorting it lol.