• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sickomotorsport

309 Gti 6 Conversion Coolant Hose Question

sickomotorsport

Hi,

Does anyone know if the BBM hose kit for 205 gti 6 conversion fit a 309, I emailed BBM before but he was unsure, also does this kit do away with the standard oil cooler?

Many thanks.

Paul.

Anthony

As far as I know, the only hoses that might not fit quite right are the radiator hoses - the others should all be the same. I've not personally done a 309 GTi-6 conversion to confirm that however.

The BBM hose kit (along with most conversions with home-brew hoses) does away with the standard oil-water heat exchanger unit. You'll need to purchase the threaded insert from an 8v or other earlier engine in order to remove this, as the threaded insert is part of the heat exchanger clamp on a GTi-6 rather than a seperate piece like on Mi16's etc.

dcc

Guy has done a 309 gti6 conversion, aka 24seven. drop him a pm to ask.

sickomotorsport

Would it not do any harm though doing away with the oil cooler?

welshpug

its not an "oil cooler" more of a heat exchanger and actually warms the oil up quicker from cold, personally on a road car I would retain it.

I think you would be able to retain the heat exchanger if you retained the 309 top hose, this one I know is different to a 205 anyway, as is the bottom radiator hose, the rear most hose from metal pipe to the engine is the same.

one heater hose is the same, the other has a different part number bus specifically what the difference I don't know.

sickomotorsport

Thanks guys will see if I can sort something else out then, just wanted to check before I forked out a couple of hundred on hoses that won't fit.

Miles

Top Rad hose, Lower metal Chassis to Rad, Expansion bottle to top of Rad pipes are different, Others are the same which is only really the expansion bottle to engine and heater pipes (2)