• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Roon

Possible Crank Sensor?

Roon

Friend brought over a handy tool.

We sent power to the pump and that's working fine. The relay doesent seem to be quite working right. We could feel it clicking when turning the ignition on and off but it doesent seem to be getting any real power.

Next step is to replace that relay.

Should it not have fired up when we powered the pump or does the relay do more than meets he eye.

I really am exhausting my options and time :(

welshpug

Relay provides injector and coil lives, check that you have them.

• Like 1

Roon

Of course why Didnt I do that. So tired can't think!

If that's getting power and a new relay in there and she still doesn't fire.

Could it be the ECU locked itself which I've heard can happen. I don't know any history of it at all.

Anthony

Very unlikely that the ECU has locked itself, as on the 205 there isn't the rest of the immobiliser system required to "lock" it.

Besides, a locked ECU will still prime the fuel pump when you switch the ignition on - you'll just have no spark/injection when cranking.

It's getting a touch confusing now, but what has been changed between the car starting/running (but misfiring) and now not starting and not running the fuel pump?

If a replacement relay hasn't fixed it, use a multimeter to check which pins on the relay socket (ie with relay removed) have constant 12v and which have an ignition switched 12v. I can't remember off the top of my head which pins should be what, but a search should reveal it.

Also, you have checked the fuel pump fuse, haven't you? It's the 15 amp blue one on the end of the fusebox nearest the driver.

Roon

Ok so ECU should not have locked which is leaving the relay. Picking that up this afternoon to try.

We were testing the relay and getting bugger all really which is confusing.

I know the issue is so odd how its gone from a misfire all be it a bad one to being able to bump it suddenly running on all 4 and then not starting at all.

Checked the fuses all are good. Can someone come and fix it you shall be payed! Lol

Roon

We hadnt changed anything between it starting and not.

Just fitted the new relay and nothing. No fuel pump prime not even a cough. Rang Rich W today and as you said the ECU can't be locked or the fuel pump would not be able to be run at all even if powered directly.

I'm clean out of ideas. Seriously if anyone is able to come fix this you'll be payed a hourly rate and fuel covered. , the car is in a huge warm dry garage.

Help