• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
BDA-it

Ax Gt Head Onto A Rallye? Will It Work?

BDA-it

Been offered a modified cylinder head from an AX GT with big valves and uprated springs, will thios bolt onto the TU engine in my K Reg Rallye?

Also did the AX GT have a twin SU set up? Is this something that is a good upgrade and easily done?

Thanks in advance!

Henry Yorke

The AX GT ran the same TU3S engine as the 205 XS with a twin choke Solex carb (32/34?). The Rallye had the iron blocked TU3 with single point injection IIRC. I assume it will physically fit, but not sure on how it would run with the singlepoint injection etc.

welshpug

rallye was still carb.

BDA-it

Yes its still a carb model!

With the head modds will need to up the carbs to twiin SUs is that what came on the AX GT??

Daviewonder

I doubt ax's came with twin su carbs?

N3VRAM

AX GT comes with either a single twin choke solex or a twin choke weber i believe? We're currently putting a manifold together for a twin SU setup on the rallye, will let you know the result in a couple of weeks time.

Edited by N3VRAM

BDA-it

There is no cam with the head will have to get one! Its only a road car dont want it to be to lary so maybe a saxo vtr cam will that work?

Bike Carbs??

calvinhorse

The vtr cam has bigger 'bearings' (part of cam that runs on head) so won't fit, you could possibly turn them down..

205 Rallye cams are direct fit but rare. Other than that it'll be a aftermarket one ~£200.

Not a lot of room for bike carbs, top engine mount really gets in the way

trogboy

The VTR cam will also be missing the lobe to run the mechanical fuel pump that you'll probably be using so I'd forget using it...

• Like 1

calvinhorse

The VTR cam will also be missing the lobe to run the mechanical fuel pump that you'll probably be using so I'd forget using it...

I knew when I saw your name you'd have picked up on something I'd missed and I knew it would be that! :D proper TU geeks!!

N3VRAM

Couldn't he just use the cam out of his rallye head (providing he has a TU3).

calvinhorse

Yes but not sure if it would be a downgrade?

Physically it would fit and drive the fuel pump

Ill have a look if I have one later (xs)

N3VRAM

Yeah it would be the rallye only makes 75hp and the XS/AX GT make 85hp (exactly the same engine).. i'm sure that the XS has a better cam than the UK rallye and that's part of what makes up the extra 10hp

allye

The head and cam shaft are different, also the carb is every so slightly different on the XS.

trogboy

I knew when I saw your name you'd have picked up on something I'd missed and I knew it would be that! :D proper TU geeks!!

Thanks...I think! :P

• Like 1