• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mech205eng

Can't Get Gears

Paul_13

That's an interesting bearing

mech205eng

Still havnt sorted this. With a length of threaded bar and some big washers I compressed the clutch lever as far as it would go. Still no joy. I then tried a 1.6 gearbox of my mates, no difference. With the gear linkage off I put it into gears myself by moving the selectors. I tried looking inside the gearbox with an inspection camera, you can see the pressure plate fingers been pushed but cant see if the plate is been pulled back or not.

So that's the gearbox, the gear linkage, the clutch cable and the release bearing eliminated, so back to my original idea, it must be the clutch not disengaging or not fully disengaging. Either the pressure plate isn't pulling back or isn't pulling back enough. If this is the case I have one more thing to try before I go out and buy a new clutch to replace this brand new clutch. I have an old gti6 friction plate with roughly 100k on it, hopefully with this been thinner than a new one it might work. Am I right in thinking that the gti6 friction plate will fit the splines of my 205 box and fit in behind my bx pressure plate? I've really lost motivation with this car, had this plate ready to change for a while now just can never be assed :(

Edited by mech205eng

Slo

How long has the new clutch been installed?

allye

Sure you have bought the correct clutch!? Push/pull?

mech205eng

The clutch had been on the engine maybe 2 months before i tried to drive it, why? I definately ordered the right clutch Ali, bx 16v. I'd give up and scrap the car tomorrow if i hadn't realised i'd been trying to make a pull clutch work in a push gearbox after all this time hahaha

welshpug

DERP.

mech205eng

No way, when did it click?

not following, when did what click?

dcc

Oh Sweet Mother of Derp.