• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ASBGTi

Oil Pressure Sender/switch And Oil Temperature Sensor

ASBGTi

Good evening,

Whilst I've got my inlet manifold off I want to get some other bits sorted and working namely the tittle of this thread.

So far as I can tell from the diagrams on the forum, this is the oil pressure sender:

post-23950-0-21122100-1377803853_thumb.jpg

However there is a single spade connection attached to it and it doesn't work, well theres no reading to the dash. Welshpug pointed out in my other thread that the couple of connectors that weren't attached to anything are the oil pressure sender/switch connections (not shown in pictures). So is it just a case of I need the right sensor and away I go? I have seen some talk about a t-piece now, I've no idea what this is, how it works of what is required to fit one.

This one is the oil pressure switch...

post-23950-0-15424600-1377804559_thumb.jpg

And finally should there be one here for the temperature? Where the bolt it screwed in? Oh and don't laugh at my sump, it's getting replaced!

post-23950-0-54638000-1377804699_thumb.jpg

I apologise if I am coming across a little naive but I am not familiar with these engines, I really appreciate any help that could be offered!

Thanks

A

welshpug

you have two oil pressure switches there!

what you need is either an XU10 pressure sender, from a 2.0 405 MI16 or a 306 S16 or a ZX 16v.

OR

an adapter from the M16 thread in the block, which has a second M16 in the end and an M10x1.0 thread in the side for the alloy block oil pressure sender, Miles at pugracing stocks them I believe.

nothing wrong with that sump other than the leaky washer on the drain plug, temp sender goes in the front indeed.

ASBGTi

Thanks welshpug!

The s16 sender sounds like the easiest option. I'll also try and locate a temperature sender, hopefully one of the lose connections is for that.

To me the sump looks like its leaking from where it joins the block. Suppose I could remove tart it up and re-seal?

ASBGTi

Either way I need a pressure sender, as you said I have 2 pressure switches!

Edited by ASBGTi

Miles

Just fit a new Gasket, Steel sumps should never use sealant

Slo

is this a gti 6 engine? or a turbo 8 valve?

Edit ahh just looked in other threads its an s16

Edited by Slo

ASBGTi

Yeah sorry it's an s16. That's probably why it's leaking then, as you can see evidence of sealant.

Miles

Quite a good attempt, Using 2 oil low pressure sensors, All the S16/Mi engine's I have seen have had the oil pressure sender fitted even if not used

• Like 1

ASBGTi

Hi guys,

Been on to peugeot and apparently there's no gasket for the sump it uses sealant. Is there any variations of the S16 engine that perhaps I'm over looking?

Also, there saying no further production of an oil pressure sender!!??

Any ideas?

Cheers

welshpug

yeah, you can still get the gasket from Peugeot, part number 0304 34, about £11.

its just one of the odd failings of servicebox that they've left it off the diagram.

GSF do them for £7 or so.

http://www.gsfcarparts.com/116pc0020

the alloy sump on the AC engines use sealant.

ASBGTi

I looked on GSF earlier and couldn't bloody find it! Do you want to find me an oil temp sender and pressure sensor too!? Lol!

Seriously thank you very much!

Miles

Use a OE gasket, they seal where 98% of pattern ones do not very well

ASBGTi

Use a OE gasket, they seal where 98% of pattern ones do not very well

Love to, however my local dealer tell me sealant has to be used as there's no gasket available.

welshpug

Tell them the part number...

Gsf ones are o.e last time i used one btw.

ASBGTi

GSF, sorted! although the chap who served me was an absolute tool!! If any one lives in the Manchester vacinity don't use the GSF at Trafford park!!

Anyway, need to track down these sensors ideally before I put my inlet manifold back on just for ease of access.

ASBGTi

These sensors aren't easy to track down. I'm opting for the pugracing converter for the pressure using a 205 sender and a new temperature sensor to fit in the sump. Could someone tell me if these will be ok?:

Pressure sender:

http://bit.ly/15tQog5

Temperature sender:

http://seekpart24.com/hella/sender-unit-oil-temperature-6pt009107681?c=100334

If anyone has any other suggestions, please shout up.

Thanks!

A

Slo

That temperature sender is for the coolant gauge (red collar) not the oil gauge (black collar) however it may still fit and work but read a bit inaccurate showing hotter than it actually is

welshpug

Try the wanted section...