• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ESPANTA

Tu24 & Tu2J2

ESPANTA

Hi

i'm new here and i've been searching for some anwers to my questions and couldnt find any so i've decided to post a new topico to see if anyone can help me so here it goes

my questions are:

are the tu24 and tu2j2 cams different?

if yes which one is better?

anyone has specs of both of them?

i'm building a tu2j2 engine and just came accross with a cheap tu24 camshaft(which are kinda rare around here) and just wondered if it would make some difference in my engine

any help would be apreciated

thanks

TT205

Send a message to 205Rallee

He has a Euro Rallye (TU24) and should know

ESPANTA

thanks ;)

ESPANTA

by the way anyone knows a throttle body to adapt on a tu2j2 manifold? im looking for something above 60mm diameter.

i've been told the gti6 one could fit but without certains. never had one of those in hand so...

anyone has one that can share some pics and infos? or have some tips on other tb to fit on this manifold?

welshpug

Why? Itll be far too big.

ESPANTA

far too big? c'mon 60mm is the stock one bored out. it has got to exist a bigger one to it...

welshpug

Es9j4 sucks 200bhp's worth of air through one, btcc 306's made 240 bhp on them, do you really think a 100 bhp 1.3 needs 63mm?...

ESPANTA

63mm is the gti6 tb diameter?

drmo

Topic from the dead, but to get some things clear I had to respond.

First of all, the TU24 and TU2J2 head are different and cams are not interchangeable. The reason is the cam bearings on TU24 are smaller than that on the TU2J2 head. The inlet bolt patern is also different.

The TU24 has a little more lift and duration, so may be better, but that deppends on the rest of the setup.

The OEM throttle body size is not too small and going bigger won't change a thing if you are still keeping 1.3 bottom end.