• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
danpug

Xsara Vts Not Starting

danpug

Hi all. The other day I drove somewhere, car was absolutely fine as it always is but when I went to start it ten minutes later it wouldn't fire up. Rac were called and he narrowed it down to the injectors not firing. He said either wiring or a dead ecu. Ecu fault light on the dash was on. I sent my ecu away to get tested but typically it got lost in the post. I bought an unlocked ecu off a member on here (unlocked properly, not by ignition), the dash light is off now but it still won't start and now the black relay behind the ecu box clicks like crazy on the 2nd click of the ignition. Any idea's before I call out an auto electrician?

Paul_13

You've almost answered your own question there. Replace the double ignition relay (black box behind ecu)

danpug

It wasn't clicking with the old ecu, would you still suggest that's the problem? I'm clueless with with electrics.

danpug

Turned out to be the crank sensor. Big thanks to Ade for coming down and diagnosing it.