• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
eastlondonpug

Mi16 Manifold/downpipe

eastlondonpug

Hi

Can somebody please confirm which downpipe I need to fit an mi16 standard manifold? I dont have it. Can I order an 8v one, will it reasonably fit a 205 mi16 conversion? I dont seem to find the mi16 downpipes anywhere easily.

I will be modifying the bulkhead, i.e. will get it cut and welded locally done by a friend.

I had a magnex 4 branch in my 8v (with a full magnex system), so I have no idea if the standard 8v downpipes fit the mi16 ones and are at a similar angle or not.

Information appreciated.

Thanks

Anthony

For what it's worth, a standard 8v downpipe will sort of fit a reangled 1.9 Mi16 manifold.

I say "sort of" as it will bolt up and work, but it hangs a little low and the angle of the downpipe and manifold flanges is a bit off. The downpipe ideally needs a small amount cutting off and the flange welded back on at a slightly different angle to fit properly.

I've never tried it with an unmodified manifold, as modifying the bulkhead was not a route that I wanted to personally go down.

welshpug

1.9 or 2.0 ?

eastlondonpug

Thanks Anthony, your point understood. The car is lowered 50mm, so if it hangs then will be a bit of an issue.

The MI engine is a 1.9 I believe, from a year mentioned on a sticker on the wiring loom (1989).

Edited by eastlondonpug