• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Kezzer30

Tightning Gear Linkage Request

Kezzer30

Hi lads , well basically when i got the car it had abit of a porridge stick and after a few months i was in the middle of town , went for 1st and nearly fell in the passenger seat , drove all the way to work in 3rd ( 6 mile ) in the end i got a garage to sort it . But i was told (more than once ) it was an easy job to do , as im wanting to try have ago myself , can anybody take a few quick pics and do me a small guide so i know what im looking for.

As its just started to be very loose again asi its about to break and i have a 600 mile + all round journey on sat-sun

Cheers in advance for any help

JamesE

I'd be tempted to buy an uprated set of rods. Something like Miles sells are a hell of a lot beefier.

Regards fitting, I'm a mechanical numpty and it took me 3 hours. I'd definitely buy a tool to pry off the rods, sometimes you can't get the leverage without - which was where all my time went

Tom Fenton

Go under car, on the subframe near the middle in front of steering rack you'll see a "post" attached that the linkage pivots on. This is attached with a nut from underneath, up in the void of the subframe, get a torch and look from directly underneath it and you will see a nut. Tighten this up you will need a slim 13mm socket to get in there plus a spanner on top.

Other than this there aren't really any other bits that can work loose, any other play is due to worn link rod cups.

Miles

What's Tom said, Also worth checking the quadrant bush as well

iPlod999

Having trouble finding the English version.

However, Ed China on Wheeler Dealers does this job on a 205.

Starts at the 11 minute mark.

http://youtu.be/1TCtEhNytJk

Hopefully, you get the idea.

• Like 1

Slo

Ahh the thats the part where he fixed the linkage and the engine suddenly stopped smoking. Job done lol

• Like 1

Miles

Well he didn't really fix it as he never fitted the 'R' clip on there

farmer

Well he didn't really fix it as he never fitted the 'R' clip on there

Miles talking of R clips where do all the O.E parts that service box shows , like the stop ring and small washer all go , as I collected all these wee bits and not sure how to fit?

Service box isn't really clear.

Edited by farmer