• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mmt

Oil Pressure Warning Light

mmt

Hi,

I am re-wiring my mi16. Bought a pressure light swich years ago. Turns on a red light when pressure drops below xx psi.

BUT

How do I connect it. There is a red and black wire on the light unit and two connections on the swich. It seems rather simple but I can not make it work.

How do I connect the wires?

Thanks.

welshpug

standard pug pressure switch is a single wire type, 12v goes to instrument cluster, through the gauge, down wire to switch, which draws the 12v to earth when pressure is below one bar.

jackherer

Supply 12v (fused, ignition switched) to the red wire on the light, connect the black wire to one of the connections on the switch then the other connection goes to ground.

mmt

Thanks guys.

It is not a Peugeot switch with a single connector but an aftermarked one with two connectors.

I'll wire it and hope I Can make it work.

jackherer

I realised it was a two wire switch, read my post again, if you follow that it will definitely work, no need to hope :lol:

mmt

:-) thanks.

mmt

IT WORKS!

:-)