• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
R5-al

Revs Keep Dropping And Stalling

R5-al

Right. Since I got back from nurburgring my gti6 205 dose not want to idle properly.its when your comeing to a junction and the reves are dropping,you dip the cluch and they go right down and stall.very annoying.

The problem is intermittent sometimes it will just catch itself but the revs still drop to low.

The only thing that has changed (that ive noticed) my speedo stopped working on the way there. I had a quick look on the side of the road and the cable was still plugged in both ends so just thought the cable had snaped. Could this be related?. I havent changed this yet. Any ideas?? Also its not long had a new icv and a tps sensor.

welshpug

A broken vss can give symptoms like this.

S@m

Does sound very much like a VSS fault. Are you using the dual speed sensor with both the cable connection for the dials and the 3 pin plug for the ECU?

R5-al

I am using a one with the plug and cable ill change that and see how I get on thanks lad's

welshpug

highly likely to be that specifically if it has stopped working, and given the ICV and TPS are recent replacements.

you can get cheap unbranded off ebay for under £20, or there are Sagem and Valeo branded units for a little bit more.