• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gjuk

Can Someone Please Identify This Speedo Cable Sender?

gjuk

Hi :)

Could someone please be kind enough to identify this speedo cable sender which I have recently removed from my gearbox.

I do not know what geabox I have, other than it being a 5 speed, and the car is a 205gti with GTI6 engine (I think from a xara VTS)

The little plastic shaft seems to have snapped, which is why my speedo isnt working. Thelocal pug garage seem to think that the BE1 gearbox ones will not fit?

Please help!

Thanks

Jon

post-23802-0-50767900-1375202083_thumb.jpg

Anthony

That's from a 306 S16 and various other early-mid 90's PSA cars.

New ones are available on eBay for about £12 :)

• Like 1

Anthony

Yep, that's the one. Just bought and fitted one to my car from the same place last week - it's not an OE part, but it appears to work fine and fixed the hesitation/stalling issue I was getting due to the electronic part not working on the old one :)

• Like 1

welshpug

I fitted one of the cheaper ones that goliath had got last week, works fine but quality isnt great, time will tell if itll last, but i have seen o.e sagem and valeo units at around £22 which would be more my prefference.

Oh and if you hadnt noticed, thats only half of it pictured!!

Anthony

Would have been my preference too, but annoyingly they appear to have vanished when I came to buy one last week (at least at a glance).

The one listed above is what I ended up buying and fitting, and it works.... longeivity is another matter entirely of course as with any pattern part, although it's a simple enough device that hopefully it shouldn't be too problematic.

welshpug

Indeed, i think thats what george found, but he's off to germany tomorrow and we had the first test drive last week :lol:

Anthony

I had a ride in it yesterday when he popped down.... forgot how damned effortlessly fast 205 V6's are! :D