• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Roon

Aftermarket Radiator.

Roon

Hi guys.

Basically my current set up is dual fan conversion and standard rad. Believe a stock 1.6 gti.

Refreshing my cooling system throughout and just wanted to check if this rad is a direct fit with the dual fan conversion as it is rather tight.

Or any other suggestions many thanks.

Paul.

petert

The dual fan, A/C radiator is different to the single fan radiator.

Roon

So the above would not fit my my fan set up?

welshpug

it'll fit fine, but the listing is not correct, Turbo diesel rads are 50mm thick, the n-a diesel rad is the same as a gti, but not the TD, aircon different again.

petert

The difference is in height, thus you may find it difficult if you're trying to fit an A/C fan setup to a non A/C radiator.

Tom Fenton

I would not waste your money, a standard replacement rad can be had for around £40 and is perfectly adequate.

Roon

Hmm. This is the thing I don't want to go fitting it it not playing ball and I end up with fitting marks and scratches and unable to send it back.

Is there any other alternative? Standard had crossed my mind but id rather fit and forget and never have to replace it.

And just to clarify I will have a standard gti rad to work in conjunction with dual fans yeah?

welshpug

I fitted a nissens rad 7 years ago...

Still works fine, still in very good condition.

The rad has no bearing on the number of fans used, personally i'd ditch the second one, there arent many that need two fans, certainly a standard non aircon 1.6 would not need it at all in the uk.

petert

Hmm. ......

And just to clarify I will have a standard gti rad to work in conjunction with dual fans yeah?

As I said, there is a height difference. Work it out for yourself if you don't believe me. I didn't realise it until a friend bought a std aluminium radiator. We don't have non A/C cars here.

Roon

Ok thanks for the advice guys ill have a tinker this Saturday.