• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
allye

Clutch M/c Gone And Snapped Cable!

allye

So at Pugfest some of you may have noticed the RAC putting a new clip on the end of the clutch cable as the plastic one snapped. Now the replacement item has gone too, unsurprisingly. So today the new cable arrived and I went about fitting it. Still no clutch!

Then I noticed the clutch master cylinder was pissing out fluid <_< So ordered a new one of those (can't be doing with buggering about rebuilding it when the piece of crap Wilwood cylinder is only £35)

For any one interested this is the setup in the car.

jeram309v6_43.jpg

Now my question is could the seals have been gone for a little while (dirty fluid) which caused the clutch to get heavier and the clip to snap, or just a coincidence?

I'm going to convert it to the proper 406 full hydraulic setup soon to get rid of all this.

Thanks, Ali

Dizzee stuff

assuming the other end of the cable is connect to the pedal and pressing the clutch pedal pulls the arm in ? would it be better to swop over the position of the cylinder and the cable so you get more leverage? this would make the pedal lighter.