• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
koti

Basic Mi16 Questions- Cooling And Mounts

koti

First of all, apologies in advance as I'm sure both of these questions must have been covered a million times before; I've had a bit of a search though and I couldn't find the specific information that I was after...

Basically, I'm about to undertake an Mi16 conversion (running carbs) on the 205, but I really want to make sure that I've got everything I need ready so that I can just press on and get it done- there's a couple of things I'm not sure about though:

First of all, the top engine mount looks like it's missing a spacer block between the block and the engine mount bridge (see pic)- is it? or has someone just put some ridiculously long studs in at some point?

IMAG0137_zps42525121.jpg

Next, I'm planning on plumbing the coolant system exactly the same as the 8v set up (water oil cooler removed), the only difference as far as I can tell is an extra outlet on top of the thermostat cover- where should this be connected to? Or can it just be blanked off?

IMAG0138_zps1dc103e5.jpg

Thanks for you help

Anthony

No spacer is meant to be in there - just looks like someone's fitted extra long studs for some reason.

That outlet would have been connected to the oil/water heat exchanger in the 405/BX donor car, but these are rarely used when fitted to a 205. Either blank off the unused port, or better still, replace the thermostat outlet for a 205/309 style one without the takeoff.

koti

Great, thanks for your help Anthony

Miles

You will need to re-instate the water return to the header tank, as it looks like someones stuck a bolt in there

Paul_13

And ditch the dizzy adapter and run the proper management!