• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GilesM

1990 Limited Edition's

GilesM

So the time has come to think about either selling or storing my two Limited Edtion 1990 Miami Blue vehciles.

The 1.6 has been a daily runner now for the last 7 years but due to an ever growing family I am upgrading to a five door car and do not have the time to keep the runner around in the condition it deserves.

The 1.9 has been fully stripped ready for reconditioning and re-bullding. I have bought in excess of £2,000 of brand new dealership parts (mostly for the rear beam) but due to an ever expanding family simply do not have the time to rebuild.

Both have the limited edtion grey carpets with full grey leather interest. The 1.6 has done 150,000 miles and the other has done 111,000 miles. They are both in Jersey (speed limit 40mph so the enigine on the 1.6 is still pretty tight and pulls well). The 1.9 is ex UK and was smoking when I got it so I started stripping it down a few years ago but have not found the time to rebuild.

The 1.6 has over £12,000 of receipts and almost complete service history with a cambelt change done just over a year ago.

Does anyone know anyone of any enthusiastic members who would take these on. I want to sell the 1.6 on to someone who I know will continue to take it and keep it in as original condition as possible. And would like to sell on the 1.9 to someone who has the time to restore and put it back on the roads gain rather than using it for parts.

Does anyone know anyone willing to take over responsibilty for these cars and does anyone have any idea what they are likely to be worth???

Cheers

GilesM

willis

I haven't a clue how much the 1.9 would be worth but the 1.6, even though it is an LE, with mileage that high cant be worth much I'm afraid.

• Like 1

Miles

As said not a huge amount at the moment, 1.6's are a long way off 1.9 prices as most people want a 1.9 to relive their youth. 1.9 could be worth some money when complete but without pics and what the normal rusty areas are like its impossible to price up

willis

That said mint 1.6's with low mileage can still go for quite a lot these days but as he said 1.9's are worth more (around 25%)

GilesM

Okay thanks for that. Does anyone have any idea how many limited editions there are out there now?

Daviewonder

I don't think anyone has any idea. Maybe we could start a register thread?

willis

At a complete guess around 30 of each?

willis

I don't think anyone has any idea. Maybe we could start a register thread?

Maybe we could. It would be interesting......