• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
HERMAN

Is There A Way To Check What Gearbox I Have Sat On My Garage Floor?

HERMAN

I have a gear box that I removed from my 205 1.9 gti. I no longer need it and i have a buyer for it.

The buyer would like me to confirm that it is definitely a 1.9 gearbox?

Any ideas welcome.

Thanks

Neil

dcc

should have the ratio stamped into the crown wheel. although that wont tell you the gear set, if the box hasnt been apart before it will narrow it down for you. theres a search button to find the info as to what you should get. from memory i think the diff ratio for a 1.9 is around 3.69

Tom Fenton

Pop the diff cover off and count the crownwheel and pinion teeth, that will give you the final drive ratio which should point between the two, don't know off the top of my head but you can look them up on here?

welshpug

it may still have a sticker on it, look on the rear just above the diff cover, though as mentioned, its no guarantee of what's inside.

HERMAN

Thanks lads I will get the cover off and have a count up.

Anthony

No need to count - if you rotate the crownwheel, you'll find that the numbers will be stamped on it (eg "16 x 65" which is a 4.06 FD used on a 1.6 GTi 'box)

• Like 1