• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Simon B

Parts Identification Help Please - Pics Inside

Simon B

Morning all, just wanted if anyone could help me identify the brand of the following parts?

First off my red 205 was fitted with what I think is a short shift / quickshift kit, which personally I'm not a fan of. I'd like to sell it, but no idea who makes it, or what it might be worth:

IMAG1981_zpsc432abf6.jpg

I believe the gear rod pictured (but not included) is a Miles / Pug Racing version, could the aluminum slotted part be a Pug Racing one?

Next up is my black 205 which had the Gti6 motor in it - I've just pulled it out to drop into my red 205, who makes this funky looking exhaust manifold? It fits well, sounds good and I like it, so just wondered what make it was for my own curiousity:

IMAG1988_zpsf2a5ca41.jpg

IMAG1995_zps6da85611.jpg

And finally, does this look like a Magnex exhaust to you? I think it is, very similar to my old Magnex on my Mi16 205, but that was 5/6 years ago and the memory has faded :blush: This was connected up to the GTi6 motor, hence the modded down pipe section:

IMAG1955_zps22eef3e6.jpg

IMAG1953_zpsfe816391.jpg

It sounds pretty good on the car, little raspy at low revs due to a small blow at the manifold joint which I'll sort out, but otherwise a nice sounding system.

I'm just swapping over the engines from both 205s (so GTi6 out of the Black 1.6 Gti and into the Red 1.9 Gti, and 1.9 lump out of the red car into the black car. I thought it would be an easy swap, mechanically it seems ok, but the wiring between the 2 cars is very very different and I don't think it's going to be quite as straight forward as hoped (too many previous owners all doing their bit with a soldering iron :wacko: )

Hopefully you clever Pug types will be able to help me out with what goes where as I struggle my way through :lol:

Thanks

Simon

welshpug

Griffiths engineering or spoox quickshift, standard gti6 manifold, and if you looked at the exhsust properly you'd see the part numbers, its a magnex.

Simon B

Thanks Mei, how boring ref the manifold, looked too funky to be OEM I thought, ah well!

Ref the exhaust, I took a look at the numbers when I removed it - one box was missing the number plate altogether, and the other said XR22-R4-3 then 360372, which despite my amazing knowledge of random crap, didn't remind me it was a Magnex code, sorry :D Will revise my Magnex numbers asap!

The Griffiths engineering quick shifts are about £20 new, so at least I have an idea what to sell mine for now, many thanks :)

Spoox one for a 205 £41:

spoox-motorsport-peugeot-205-309-quickshift-kit.jpg

Griftiths one £19, image from a Rover, but same thing as my original pic above):

quickshift2.jpg

Looks like mine's a Griftiths one

Simes

It's not a griffiths one, not unless they changed their design. I've got one on my car from circa 2002 and it looks nothing like it.