• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dcc

205 1.9 8V With Aircon & Pas - Pipe Routing

dcc

As my haynes book of lies doesn't seem to want to show me the information I need, I turn to you gentlemens and womans.

The throttle body on the standard 1.9 8v lump has several breathers, water in and water out for the throttle body warmer.

It is a K plate, 1993 Phase 2, coil on inlet, but no vac advance on the distributor.

A labelled diagram would be fantastic! (its been a few years since I have had an 8v which worked/wasnt on aftermarket management.

welshpug

Which ones do you want to know?

the coolant ones you can do away with and plum straight to the top of the thermostat takeoff, which tidies it up a little, I think yours might have a charcoal canister which is one pipe off the engine side of the throttle body, might also be something electrical screwed into the bottom, and there's a small bore oil breather onto the top from the oil filler, and that's it.

the larger port on the oil filler lid goes to the elbow between t/b and afm, smaller one lower down goes round to the front of the block.

like this, ish.

2N11C51A.gif

http://www.miamistu.co.uk/pug/GB/205N/1/11C51A.HTM

Edited by welshpug

dcc

I guess I will need to go take a better look, but I was sure I counted 4 take offs on the throttle body itself

dcc

oh actually that second image shows everything I needed! nice one :)

welshpug

yeah, there's a test point and a vac takeoff for the dizzy which both need blanks.

have some cooling pipes too

2C13E50A.gif

dcc

Cheers Mei, useful as ever :)

dcc

As it turned out these are quite different to my 205 set up, but the general layout was there, cheers.