• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dariooo

Overhaul Question

Dariooo

Helo

I'm making a overhaul of my 205 1.9 engine.

1.I have some problem with rotate at right position the piston rings ( oil contro scraper, first and second compressing ring). In haynes manual I don't get something.

Where the oil control scraper is of one-piece type position it's gap 180° from the expander gap.

What is a expander gap? I don't get it. Can somebody make some picture to explane in which position put the rings?

2.I have some another problem. Somebody maybe know a dimension of O-ring which come between the head and dizzy? In service body the specification it's diam 36.5. I'm need also a diameter of O-ring ( example: 36.5 x 5)

3. Somebody maybe know where to find (or maybe a dimension) in service box the O-ring which come in the top od head to seal the oil on oil common rail for lubricate a camshaft?

Regards

Dario

post-13983-0-76947600-1372192427_thumb.jpg

DamirGTI

1. Fit the bottom rings first:

The expander goes in first.
Put the join of the spring of the expander
below the pin on one side, doesn't matter which. Put the gap of the bottom ring 180 deg from the spring joint (ie: opposite).

Fit the 2nd ring, fit the top ring.
Put the gap of the second rind 120 deg from the bottom ring gap and the top ring 120 deg from the gap on the
2nd ring
Try and keep the ring gaps just off the piston skirts.

Make sure the fitting tool does not grab the ring ends when tightening , oil
thoroughly and enjoy !

2. Go to the car part store and they'll find an O-ring which will fit on the end of the dizzy .. can even be made , if your local car part store has Wurth O-ring kit , they'll simply roll off the rubber per diameter and join with fast curing glue - always worked in my cases , once the glue set off it'll be like usual press made O-ring

3. Need to search for the oil spray bars O-rings trough 405 catalogue : 1166 21

http://www.miamistu.co.uk/pug/GB/405F/1/11E01A.HTM

D

Dariooo

Thank you :)

Dariooo

So I have one more problem. I had finish with assembling engine and everthing around engine. Today I had try to start a engine without spark plugs. I had turn the key into position 2 and the startet had start to rotate the engine...wtf? I don't get where can be the problem. Probability somwhere under the dash because I had check the brown connector. The wire on 6-pin connector on position 6 (starter motor) had recive + when the key whas in position 2 and also when I had turn to the end. When the key is in position 1 or turn off the signal + it isn't on wire number 6.

Somebody can help me?? :( For help you if maybe can be a reason....I had replace a engine wiring. Before was a wiring for 130hp 1.9 engine, now it for 120hp engine.

Thank you

jackherer

On later 205s the switched + (wire 2) and starter solenoid (wire 46) are swapped with each other in the brown multiplugs. Swap pin 9 on the large plug with pin 6 on the small plug to fix it.

Dariooo

So i must change a wire between small multiplug and the big one?

On big one it's a wire on position 9, on the small one it's wire 6? Correct?

Thank you

jackherer

That's correct, it should be wire 2 and wire 46.

Dariooo

Nice :)

Some more diference between later and older? Or that's it? :)

So tomorrow the engine will start :)

jackherer

No more differences on the brown multiplugs but I guess if you say you're going from 130bhp wiring to 120bhp you mean you're going from Jetronic to Motronic? Have you used a Motronic AFM and ECU too?

Dariooo

Yes yes, I'm going from jetronic to motronic.

I had replace complete wiring from the two brown connector forward engine. I had also use ECU, AFM and all senzors around the engine. So this will be ok, I hope :)

jackherer

That should be it then, good luck :)

sub205

not worth mentioning but it's also quite a good idea to change the flywheel. without swapping, the engine will not start because of missing crankshaft sensor signal.

Dariooo

don't worry....I had replace complete engine, gear box, wiring and everythink which it's around engine. The engine had start yesterday and it work very good. I have to put only a lambda sensor on exhaust downpipe....and a gti will be ready for new trips :) happy happy happy :))

Thank you

Dario

jackherer

Excellent :)

I forgot the crank sensor and I had a sinking feeling when I read sub205's post...

Dariooo

I had replace all around the engine....I had got some problem with some + for supply the ecu and fuel pump but I had find the problem. Then the fuel pump started and also the engine....thank to all :)

Dariooo

so, now I had install lambda sensor...because before the owner of a car hadn't got it. Today had turn on a K-light. I had check and the fault it's 34, solenoid valve. Can someboy help me, to indentify where can be a problem?

If I delete a fault on ecu and I start a engine and the light was turned off and the engine was working on 900rpm. When I rise a rotation of engine in some moment (before or after) the light turns on. At the moment when the light turned on I hear some relay which turn off and on. This is maybe consequences because the ecu found a fault (and turn on a K-light) or maybe it's some contact on some relay or meybe between two wire...

This fault started after I mounted a lambda senzor, before the K-light was turned off.

Regards

Dario

DamirGTI

Check the connector/wiring on the evap. valve .. on a Motronic 1.3 it trows the same code for the fuel evap. system .

You can trick the system (if you do not have an complete and wired up evap. system) by soldering an 1.2Kohm resistor on a solenoid valve connector . Clear the code and it'll be fine .

D

Dariooo

I had check and it's ok the wiring on this valve.

One friend told me how can I resolve this problem.....I have to remove a supply for lambda sensor. Maybe this can solve a problem, because before when I was without a lambda sensor I hadn't gor any problem with solenoid valve.

Dariooo

so...i had made some more test today.....and I have some news...fuel pump it's broken and don'w work....but...still it's a biggest problem a K-light and the some faul - 34*

So...the K-light turn on only when I connect the blu connector of sonda...when this are disconnected It's everthing ok.....

So the question....which one (blu or black) it's heating for lambda?

Somebody know where can be a problem? The previous owner hadn't got a lambda. It's maybe a solution to drive a car withou lambda? The consuption probabily will be higher without lambda, right?

Regards

Dario

sub205

Have you already checked the purge valve and its connector?

Code 34 is the purge valve. Check the schematics, the presence of the valve and its resistance.

The valve can be found between a hose on the downside of the throttle and the left side of the car.

It has a 2 pin connector.

Maybe the motronic does not open the valve without a proper lambda sensor so you only get error 34 with the lambda connected.

Dariooo

the purge valve it's ok....solenoid and purge valve it's the some item right? on my car a purge vavle it's present and also a connector it's ok....but how can I check if the purge valve it is in good working condition.....with measuring the resistance between two pin on valve? and if I put a resistance and remove a valve? it's this maybe a solution? because a valve it isn't connected with a pipe....it's only a connecor on it.

the lambda sensor it's ok because it's original and it was on one 205 gti before....

regards

Dario

Edited by Dariooo
  • Like 1

sub205

Just measure the resistance between the 2 pins.

Dariooo

So I had measure the resistance beetween the 2 pins and multimeter don't show any resistence.....So it's better to buy a new one or to put a resistence like sad DmirGTI?

sub205

You can get these parts easily from nearly any Peugeot from a scrap yard. The smaller TU-engines also have this valve.

Or just buy a resistor ... its up to you.

Dariooo

I had check and the TU engine have a diferent code on peugeot service box...or there are no diference between us?

Another Peugeot (like 206, 306) has also the some valve?