• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bondyshambles

Should My Engine Mount Thingy Look Like This?

bondyshambles

Should the rubber be seperated like this or not ?

Cheers.

enginemount_zpsb6dd7b2b.jpg

205turbo

!BlRh6QQ!Wk~$(KGrHgoOKi!EjlLmFs2+BLb!+oF$T2eC16hHJIIE9qTYMbO1BQ5rTnF-Dg~~60_12.J

the buffers look like tired, the main engine mount could also be worn

they are easy to replace and don't cost that much if you have a 8v engine uprated ones are needed on 16v engines but will increase cabin vibrations

Edited by 205turbo
  • Like 1

GLPoomobile

Should the rubber be seperated like this or not ?

When you say separated, do you mean, should there be a gap between the buffer and the mount, or are you referring to the condition of the rubber?

As Paul said, condition wise they look a bit worn. But it's normal to have a gap between the buffer and the mount. It's necessary to allow a little bit of fore/aft free play to reduce the transmission of vibrations through the shell in to the cabin. I.e. typical compromise necessary for a production road car. You can shim the buffers so that they sit flush with the mount to reduce the free play, but expect some extra vibrations in to the car. You can also add a 3rd buffer at the side to reduce sideways engine movement during cornering.

• Like 1

bondyshambles

I was just wandering if there should be a gap. Thanks for clearing that up. Like you both said though they look as worn as a whores draws so i will get them replaced. My original car is becoming like Triggers broom :lol: