• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
d7ve_b

2002 206 1.4 Gearbox Help

d7ve_b

Morning all,

I'm in the process of changing the lower control arms on my mum's 206. During changing the N/S I managed to leak some gearbox oil from the shaft seal, therefore I plan on draining the lot and putting fresh fluid in. As I know nothing about 206 gearboxes, could someone point me in the right direction of the filler plug and drainage plug?

I was planning on following this guide http://206gti.net/gear-oil/, but that states that its for BE boxes, does a 1.4 run a BE box, an MA box or ANother box?

I haven't compared the guide to the car yet as I only found the guide this morning.

Muchos gracias,

Dave.

NFS

Hi Mate,

I cant see there being much difference, i would compare the guide with what you have, i know the saxos have MA boxes, but not sure on the pugs im afaid

Edited by NFS

welshpug

the wonders of google image.

MA5%20Gearbox%20-2CA63%20label.jpg

its upside down, but you get the gist, its the only one that looks like a level plug bang in the middle of the picture...

there's also this image, the drain plug is on the side of the diff casing, exactly the same part as the level plug, item #9, item #70 is the copper washer.

GearBox_zpsb909b615.jpg

Edited by welshpug

d7ve_b

Thanks WP, from the title of the image it looks to be an MA box then. Time to pick up some gear oil and get it changed.

Tom Fenton

I hope you've bought best quality wishbones Dave as otherwise you'll be doing them again in 12 months. I hate 206's, a customer of mine has had 2 GTI 138's, the damm things needed wishbones drop links track rod ends every bloody year for the MOT, thankfully he crashed them both and bought a Golf.

d7ve_b

I hope you've bought best quality wishbones Dave as otherwise you'll be doing them again in 12 months. I hate 206's, a customer of mine has had 2 GTI 138's, the damm things needed wishbones drop links track rod ends every bloody year for the MOT, thankfully he crashed them both and bought a Golf.

Lol :lol:

Yeah, I bought Lemforder jobbies @ £65 per side (with a little discount thanks to carparts4less). The car has only done 46k as it lives in my mums garage most of the time but when I pulled the nearside bone out the rear bush had completely detached itself from the bone :blink: As a result its been eating the outside edges of the tyres for fun.

I'm hoping she doesn't do enough miles to need them doing again any times soon, the 'boomerang' design is a right ball ache to work with.