• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M@tt

Swapping Ph1 To Ph1.5/2

M@tt

So my CTI has a ph1 interior but tbh its pretty battered and the likelihood of picking up a decent 2nd hand one for reasonable money is pretty limited, so can anyone tell me what's involved wiring wise if I were to swap it out with a phase 1.5/2 dash.

is it a case or replacing all the under dash loom as well?

Slo

I've done this you will have to change all wiring including the dash looms its very different and also the steering column as the phase 1.5/2 stalks bolt on in a different position you will also need a phase 1.5/2 heater

Just noticed your in sheffield, i've got a complete phase 1 setup for a cti if your interested £200 its in the for sale section and includes everything from inside the car including full wiring loom except seats as they were well bolloxed

Edited by Slo

M@tt

Ah cheers for the info, knew I wouldn't be straight forward :)

tbh £200 is a bit out of my price range I'm afraid, cheers for the offer though

bigalthenutter

that's a fair price to be honest id snap your hand off for a phase 1 dash at that money. you will probably spend near that sourcing a decent phase 1.5/2 dash and all the heater unit and all the wiring. and even some of the bits off the newer dash are rare, ie; coin tray digital clock dials and shroud (in good nick). parts are getting rare dig deep now because in a few years you will have to dig even deeper !!! ;)

Slo

Also includes a manual steering rack with no play in the arms and recently new track rod ends and a decent tonneau cover too