• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bigalthenutter

N/a Diesel 205 Performance Help !

bigalthenutter

i want my N/A diesel 205 to go faster within reason and limits lol what can be done to them ? Without spending silly money or engine swap ?

allanallen

From one Al to another.......enjoy/use it for what it is or sell it and get something faster

welshpug

make the car lighter, or fit a turbo engine.

• Like 1

Paul_13

Fit a 1.9td!

• Like 1

ORB

Fit a 2.7 TDV6 from a 407 Coupe

BlueBolt

Fit a 2.7 TDV6 from a 407 Coupe

This is a common conversion in France by all accounts... 250 bhp with ease from what I've heard, not done any looking into the facts of this though...!!

ORB

It's the same as a Disco 3 or Jag TDV6 - brum brum

bigalthenutter

could the engine i have be turbod ? I know they run higher compression but could i use less boost ?

ORB

Seriously, it's less work and far easier to put in a TD engine.

bigalthenutter

fair point was just curious as to if there was any simple tweaks to get a bit more out of it

Tesstuff

Listening to good advice is something we all should do more, in this case you have received it from Allanallen, no one buys a 205 n/a diesel and expects performance.

You bought the wrong car. But it is just as easy to now put that right and buy the right car.

A 205 TD would suffice, as would a few others.

Seeing the wood for the trees applies in this case.

calvinhorse

Drop it off something

bigalthenutter

i dont want a fast car. I have 2 gtis and 2 base models with high revving tuned engines. I bought this diesel for a charity run around europe because i know they are bullet proof engines gand was just curious if there were any simple tweaks. never had any experience with diesels

S@m

(Off topic!) By the by the Jag 2.7 is the same as the PSA unit. You should try a C5 3.0 HDI - those things go rather well.

omega

Is it a lucus pump or bosch?

bigalthenutter

not looked if im honest. It an m reg if thats an indicator ? Why is there a trick with the pumps ?

Mad Professor

I think he might be hinting about turning up the fuel rate.

bigalthenutter

cool this ir what im after not engine swap lol just little tweaks .

Tom Fenton

A NA diesel engine is constrained by AIR not by fuel. All you will achieve by turning up the diesel pump is less MPG and more smoke (unburnt diesel).

Allan is right, accept it for what it is or change it for something else.

bigalthenutter

i was just about to say increasing air flow would help. I bought it for what it is as i said in my earlier post . Im not thick i know it is never going to be quick and was just curious if any one has tweaked one to get a bit more out of it !

omega

depending on the pump there are things that can be done

when pumps are set at the factory they are not set for performance so a few small mods will make a difference,if you go to far there will be black smoke as it is unburnt diesel as said before and yes your mpg will go down a little but with all performance you lose somewhere.

bigalthenutter

il look into it has any one got a guide to tweak pumps ? Or is there a thread on it ?

welshpug

most of this concerns the Turbo lump, but still shows a little about the lucas pump, just ignore references to the boost compensator :lol:

However as mentioned, with an N-A engine you are limited by air as there's no way to get more in, so just throwing more fuel in wont gain a great deal at all, same as a naturallyu aspirated petrol engine and all these "POWER BOOST VALVES" and "Uprated group A black injectors"

bigalthenutter

just had a look at mine. it has a bosch pump if that makes any difference. would removing the standard air box system and replacing with something more direct not make a difference ?

welshpug

Not at all in my experience, other than make a lot more noise, peugeot know what they're doing with inlet and exhaust systems tbf!