• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stuart

Fuel Pressure Regulator Leak

stuart

Filled my car up ready for first start and found when the fuel got to the rail and up to pressure, there was a pretty massive leak from the regulator.

I took it out and looks like I've damaged the o rings when I re-fitted it after painting the fuel rail :( I managed to find a replacement for the larger one but didn't have one thick enough for the smaller one.

Does anyone know of anywhere that I might be able to get correct sized replacements? I'd rather not replace the whole thing for the sake of a couple of o rings.

Unless anyone has one knocking about with good o rings I could buy off them?

Cheers

Stu

James_K

I have had similar problems with leaking o rings and tried looking for replacements, I couldn't find any in the UK only from an American supplier named specifically for the fpr, though I imagine any decent seal supplier will have some in the size required.

I just got a used fpr in the end as it was easier, still a pain to fit without damaging the o rings though.

stuart

I managed to get a 2nd hand one off ebay for £6, hopefully solve the problem if i can avoid damaging it again.

stuart

Fixed and it runs! :D now to finish the rest of it!