• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
rsta1466

Emerald K6 Running Issues

rsta1466

hello,

Im having issues getting the car to run on all 4 cylinders. It will either run on 1,2 and 4 or 1,2 and 3.

the Specs of how the car is set up

Emerald k6 ecu

Mi16 60-2 flywheel and sensor (refence set at 114.5)

citroen bx coilpack

citroen zx ht leads

the settings in the ecu are that the injectors are grouped and the ignition is set on wasted spark.

ive tested that the coil pack is giving a spark to all the plugs in the pairs of 1-4 and 2-3

the injectors are getting a signal from the ecu and when 12v is applied to the injectors they click.

fuel pressure is set on 3 bar.

does anybody have any suggestions of what to check next?

many thanks

Rob

Tom Fenton

Head gasket.

rsta1466

Thanks Tom for the reply,

ive done a compression test to check the head gasket and the results i got were

1- 10.5

2- 10

3-10.5

4- 11

however i discovered that although the injectors work while off the car, when in place the spark plugs for 3 & 4 are dry,

as stated above i have checked that the injectors are getting a signal from the ecu and that they are connected to the injectors the same as the crib sheet.

does anyone have a configuration file i can have a look at to check mine?

and any other ideas on where to look would be much apreciated.

thanks

Rob

rsta1466

hello again,

after more investigation i noticed that when i checked to see whether the injectors were all working the fuel for cylinders for one and two were going into the cylinder and for three and four the fuel was coming back to infront of the butterfly, which leads me to belive that it is the injector timing as an issue. is there anyway of changing this and does anybody know what it should be? or any other reasons that would cause this?

many thanks

Rob

adman

if injectors 3 and 4 are firing in the wrong order just swap the electrical connectors round

rsta1466

thanks for the reply,

ive just been out there again and its definately an injector issue. ive come to this conclusion as when fuel is sprayed down the trumpet the cylnder works.

although im sure thats what it is i dont know why. as Adman suggested ive changes the injector plugs around and still only 1&2 fire, even when the injector plugs

for 3&4 are on injectors 1&2 which is massivly confusing.

I have checked that there is no blockages in the throttlebodies and i can actually see the fuel being injected by unplugging the coil pack and looking down the

trumpets with the throttle wide open.

so i then checked that the valves are working by doing a compression test again and i got the same results as before so now im completely out of ideas,

as far as i can see its getting a spark its getting air and its getting fuel and yet it still does not work.

adman

what condition are the plug leads in and are they in the correct order?

rsta1466

thanks Adman for the help i have it semi-sorted now, the issue was that the throttle bodies were massivly out of balance, ive adjusted them roughly and its miles better already,

just waiting for the syncrometer to arrive so i can set them properly.

many thanks

Rob