• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
yorkdave

Fuel Surge Problems With R1 Carbs

yorkdave

Hoping someone might have some insite into a problem I have with my MI16 which is running a bogg brothers R1 carb conversion.

I have had it on for 5 years and over 10,000miles with no problems what so ever other then under really heavy braking it seems to flood the engine with fuel and then miss fire until it clears. If your coming to a stop it will stall, on the track if the revs are high enough it will clear its self but when I hill climb the car its a real problem coming out of the hair pins at low RPM's.

I have been told it puffs out black smoke until it pulls through the misfire, so my theory is it floods due to the carbs being on the front of the engine, instead of the rear on the Yamaha engine. Maybe it is flowing up through the jets?

Any theories or possible solutions would be greatly appreciated. If I cant find a solution I may have to go down the throttle body route, but I am reluctant to due to how reliable the carbs have been.

Thanks dave