• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
TRMB84GTI

206 Gti Running Issues!

TRMB84GTI

Hi everyone!

Can you help? My parents 206 Gti is having running issues. When it is cold it will be very lumpy and while driving with problem it will loose all power. For some reason when the engine management light is on it will run better? Also once it has been left for a while and start up and drive off its fine, so its very random.

They have replaced the following:

Coil

Mapping sensor

Heat Sensor

Used redex to clean the injectors.

When they first had the car it was doing this and there was a stone in the cat converter. The issue went when removed but this is not the case this time. I would be so grateful for any ideas on what it might be or things to try to resolve it.

Thanks again!

Tom

welshpug

given the MIL light is on or has been on your best chance is to get it diagnosed as there's an obvious permanent sensor or component fault that the ECU has picked up.

preferably by someone who has Peugeot Planet diagnostic kit, typically only found at dealers but you can buy it on ebay and a few independent garages have it.

a standard OBD reader will rear it but wont bring up anywhere near as much information as PP can do.

TRMB84GTI

Oh cheers Mei I will feed that back!

welshpug

I know it might sound a little bit of a copout, but if you saw how much data you could get out of the ecu on these modern systems, you'd understand how much time and money you can save yourself.

Going the methodical way and testing all the components against the parameters in autodata would cost more in labour! ANd very often you can only see the behaviour of a component with the engine running which to check the readings would need some breakout boxes/plugs or cutting about the wiring which is not a good plan.

bondyshambles

I have exactly the same problem on my 206 gti. Mine also says anti polution fault / cat converter error. Mine feels more like it only runs on 3 cylinders rather than in safe mode. 206 info exchange forum says...

1) Possible cat fault....can be expensive

2) 4th injector gets water into it and thats why fault is intermitant

3) Tappets sticking...can be expensive...thats why fault is intermitant.

I would like to point out that i know FA about cars so i am happy to be corrected on any of the above info. Try this link as this is a common fault but as usual loads of possibilities to solve.

http://www.206info.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/t=53059.html

• Like 1