• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sport1901966

Xsara Vts Rack Fitted - Tyres Rubbing Box/coolant Pipe Bracket

sport1901966

Hi All,

As the title says, got the Saxo pump and VTS rack combo up and running in the 205, but the front edge of the tyres are rubbing gearbox end casing and the coolant pipe bracket (fitted due to dropping rad height).

Has anyone else with the Phase 2 VTS rack had this problem?

I was considering the possibility that there is just a severe amount of toe-in, but the alignment doesn't look too bad by eye - in my opinion not bad enough to cause rubbing but I may be wrong. The contact seems fairly slight - but enough to rub the paint off the gearbox. The PAS feels good, but there's quite a lot of resistance around the straight ahead position - could this indicate more severe toe-in than I think?

welshpug

you have fitted 205 track rods right?

certainly at least measure the toe roughly if not get the tracking set.

with a chunky 195 tyre on 1.9 wheels and 1.9 hubs 205 arms they can rub the end of the box and the arch liner very slightly, not surprising given the car was designed for 185's.

sport1901966

Yep I transferred over the 205 track rods. Not sure what tyres are fitted actually but its entirely possible they are 195's, combined with a little to much toe in it could be the culmination of couple of factors.

Is the range of motion of the VTS rack the same as the 205 setup, or is there a little extra?

welshpug

I doubt there is any difference at all, I have a ZX rack on mine, 309 arms 1.9 hubs and chunky winter tyres, only rubbing I get is the plastic arch trim whilst hooning around roundabouts!