• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Stephen W

306 Dturbo Rear Beam

Stephen W

Hi all,

I need to replace the rear beam on my girlfriends phase 1 dturbo as the tube is beyond its best. I acquired a good rear beam a few years ago which is off a phase 2 car which had ABS.

Does anyone know if I can just remove the brake pipe distribution block which is fitted on the left hand side of the beam and replace with the t-piece on my current beam?

I'm sure it's possible but wanted to make sure.

Thanks Steve

welshpug

you do need to use the load compensator as you will not have any rear brake pressure limiting if you dont use it, the non ABS DTurbo has the pressure limiters integrated into the rear wheel cylinders and also Smaller diameter drums.

non abs drums are 180x30mm with integrated hub and pressed in bearing, ABS are a beastly 228mm with a separate hub.

Stephen W

Thanks welshpug ill have a look at that and check to see if it will fit. I am going to give the beam a rebuild while I'm at it so will get that done too.