• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Doof

Kaaz Diff

Doof

I bought a kaaz diff a couple of years ago for my 205. Before I pull my GTi-6 gearbox apart...will it fit? I was fairly sure it'd be fine but then spotted in another post that GTi-6's have different diffs to 205s...

Lewis

welshpug

aftermarket diffs are in the main all the same and compatible between small and large BE diff gearboxes.

Doof

ahh brilliant. I thought it'd be strange as it was just listed as BE3 when i bought it.

Doof

£800!!!!! Might sell it!!!

rallyeash

You won't if you've ever driven a plate diff in a 205!

• Like 1

Miles

Sell it and buy a Driveline, Doubt you'll need any extra ££ and easier to service down the line

Blueeyes

Why what happens with a plated diff?

rallyeash

It'll drag you into the nearest ditch....

allanallen

It'll drag you into the nearest ditch....

Have you grown a minge ash? :P

• Like 2

allye

No, he's just got a little pair of soppy bollocks!

• Like 2

rallyeash

Haha no I love my plate diff!! Was just joking

MiniGibbo

I've never even driven a diff'd 205 and am confident it would be the best mod the car would see..

alexcrosse

my zf completes the car. Would never have thought of putting a 205 together without a plated lsd in it.

danny56712

What is the cost of a new driveline lsd?

Mac Crash

can I swap diffs without removing the gearbox from the car? thanks

jackherer

Yes, with the driveshafts out and the bottom engine mount disconnected it will come out from below.

welshpug

depends which engine+box you have, I would say no if its a gti6, as you've a high chance of swinging the wings on the sump into the rad before getting the diff out.

aldworth33

My pug was the 1st fwd car I drove with an LSD and I love it, mines a tran-x one

allanallen

I can't swing the engine in my charged 205 so I just undo all 6 subframe bolts and the fork and let it all hang down. You can just squeeze it through then, it's much easier with an assistant holding the diff in position mind!

On another note, I drove a 205 mi the other day with an open diff, you forget how easy it is to light the inside wheel up,even on fast fairly shallow corners! I'm spoilt :D

Edited by allanallen
  • Like 1

Mac Crash

Yes, with the driveshafts out and the bottom engine mount disconnected it will come out from below.

It's an 8 valve 1.9, have studied the gearbox articles relating to this on the front page and my understanding was the diff can be swapped with the gearbox still in situ... and so just wanted to check first with those who have done it/or know... it's a Kaaz, plate diff. Thanks guys

welshpug

8 valver you should be fine, I've done it on an iron block Mi with a 1.6 box.

dcc

It is VERY tight with a gti6 engine, but it can be done. drop the subframe bolts out and you can balance it out of the way using a jack. not the easiest job, but doable.

With an 8v it is a doddle!

Jme

i tryed with engine and box in the car but found it to hard and fliddy so took engine out and split g/box from block it made the job easyer and culd also inspect the box and give it a good clean up and paint

allanallen

i tryed with engine and box in the car but found it to hard and fliddy so took engine out and split g/box from block it made the job easyer and culd also inspect the box and give it a good clean up and paint

People need to stop painting cast aluminium, I thought it was a joke at first but it's getting out of hand now...... Sick sick people :P

• Like 1