• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
205Mi16Mick

What Release Bearing And Clutch Set Is This?

205Mi16Mick

Hi All,

I ordered a citroen bx 1.9 16v clutch for my be3 xu10j4r engined 205. I think I have been sent the wrong part/s.

Here's what the bx16v had for a plate and release bearing:

post-22565-0-61317700-1364283907_thumb.jpg

post-22565-0-04295700-1364283915_thumb.jpg

And here's what the new kit came with:

post-22565-0-46854300-1364283932_thumb.jpg

post-22565-0-81752900-1364283936_thumb.jpg

Does anyone know please - what on earth have they sent me? This is really annoying as I was hoping to have it back together soon. :angry:

Regards,

Michael

welshpug

Its a be4 bearing.

205Mi16Mick

Ok. Is the clutch plate ok though? It doesn't have the bit sticking out so to speak as seen in the first pic.

Regards,

Michael

Edited by 205Mi16Mick

pug_ham

Ok. Is the clutch plate ok though? It doesn't have the bit sticking out so to speak as seen in the first pic.

what's it like on the other side which is sat in the cover in your pic?

Post the part number on the box the kit came in so we can try to find what you've been sent but it doesn't look right to me.

Measure the diameter of the clutch plate, it should be 215mm

g

welshpug

2050 T3, superseeded by 2050 T4 is the clutch kit part number.

2051 T4 is a service exchange clutch (listed at £120 less than a new item! and of what I have heard, as Peugeot/Citroen hardly get any returned as exchange, you'll get a brand new item anyway, for less..)

listed for 309 gti16, 405 mi16, XU10J2 605 and 306, 1.8 TD BX, and XU10J2 XM and Xantia.

205Mi16Mick

Also I've heard that AP clutches are good. Is this Firstline/AP that they are talking about?

pug_ham

AP clutches are usually good & that part number matches what you should have according to the firstline website but you've been supplied the wrong release bearing with it imo.

post-71-0-62231200-1364382539_thumb.jpg

In your first picture of the clutch plate you posted a picture of the opposite side so this should fit fine imo but check the clutch plate fits the gearbox input shaft before you put it all together just in case imo, once you have the correct release bearing to go with it.

g

205Mi16Mick

Thanks. They're a bit hopeless though as they call the D6C engine a XU9JA and then throw in a BE4 bearing! I ordered a bearing in from a trusted Aussie suppplier so that should be right. :) And the plate fits perfectly on the shaft. My only concern is that it doesn't have as good a grip as the orginal one because that had that sleeve bit sticking out in the centre with splines in it. Shouldn't be an issue though, should it?

Regards,

Michael

pug_ham

Shouldn't be an issue imo, different makes of clutch can often differ slightly in appearance.

g