• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GWtaylor

Water In Boot

GWtaylor

theres no water in the rear bottle as i drained before i went away and it's full of water. seam seems fine with no cracks, perishing or holes

wheres the usual places it leaks at

AlexRS2782

Quite a few posts covering it if you have a search ;)

But from my experience when this happened to mine, check:

Possible leak from water getting behind the exterior rear 1/4 Peugeot 205 1.6/1.9 GTI inserts.

Possible leak from water getting behind the plastic tailgate trim.

Possible leak from water getting in around the lock surround.

Main exterior boot seal (one that sits on the main body) not sealing 100% when the tailgate is shut - although i found mine wasn't fitted correctly hence why water was getting over it.

Possible leak from water getting behind the rubber roof spoiler and into the tailgate.

The actual seal for the tailgate glass no longer tight & allowing water to penetrate and drain into the tailgate itself.

Water getting in via either the wiper arm or wiper washer jet.

Water passing the rear 1/4 opening window seals.

Blocked / rusted rear sunroof drain tubes.

Main problem is the location of the drain holes for the tailgate being positioned where they are as they tend to drain out onto the rubber seal and into the boot if parked at an angle as well :(

Edited by AlexRS2782

Anthony

Just about everywhere and anywhere seemingly! In no particular order...

Boot seal

Tailgate glass seal/bonding

Rear spoiler

Rear wiper motor

Rear washer nozzle

Tailgate lock

Rear panel locating peg

Tailgate to body tubing (that the loom and washer hose run in)

Sunroof drains (on factory sunroof cars)

Tail light seals

Rear quarter badges

That should be plenty to keep you going! Where the water is pooling initially should give you a big clue, as all the tailgate ones tend to leak into the boot through the drain/vents in the tailgate, and leave tale-tale puddles on the boot lip that then dribble down into the boot.

GWtaylor

Yep that should keep me occupied for a while

will start investigating tomorrow and report back

ScoobyJawa

Mine was traced to sunroof drain (stupid design) and 3/4 windows, causing leaks elsewhere in the car which cause the interior to become very damp leading to condensation inside the boot lid which would eventually get too much and run then come out the holes into the boot.....

Edited by ScoobyJawa

Rock Lobster

I have a leak in the boot somewhere to, it seems to be coming from the top of the boot area by the speaker grills? Hard to tell but hoping its just sunroof drain pipe?!

farmer

Could be the rear quarter badge holes.

Rock Lobster

Theres quite a list to work through so I'm going to whip all the plastics off soon so hopefully find it easily enough then

dirtdog

I've got water collecting in the passenger side rear quarter where the earth block and brake light wiring is.Siliconed the brake light and the rear quarter badges so it can't be them now as I have run a hose over the quarter badges + rear light and can't for the life of me find out where it's coming in. I don't even have to be driving as when I get in it some mornings I can hear it sloshing around...until it spills out all over my boot floor when I go around a corner! :lol:

I'm thinking of giving the area a few puffs of talc' powder and hopefully that will help me find it.

• Like 1