• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chris-gti

Your Car's History

chris-gti

Just wondering how much history you have with your car and what's the most random receipt?

Mine...

IMG_0084_zpse81b45e7.jpg

IMG_0085_zpsa0dc489b.jpg

IMG_0086_zps20b7d46b.jpg

IMG_0087_zps6b152282.jpg

And my randomer:

IMG_0088_zps42245213.jpg

Receipt for headlight bulb from 09/06/1993 at the total cost of £2.72

Lowercase

my little rallye has some great history. the folder i keep it in is about an inch and half thick.

most random bit is a release notice, as the car had been impounded at some point in its life lol.

ill get a snap at somepoint lol

JamesE

That's what I really miss about mine - only history it came with was a ten year old tax disc :(

chris-gti

In my opinion it means nothing but it just makes good reading. My impreza has about 150 receipts and my corrado has about 350.

JamesE

Along similar lines it would be interesting to see who has the most expensive receipt...I bet there are a few main dealer robberies out there...

chris-gti

yeah we can do that...

mines:

£4,150 for the car back in 1992 with 33,000 miles on the clock.

parts/labour wise its:

£554.58 for:

Service, Drive shaft, exhaust repair, airbox bracket repair, Clutch fitting.

a lot of money i would imagine back in 1995

GLPoomobile

I always keep every document pertaining to my cars as it is a valuable tool for any potential buyer to look through. I've always believed that it demonstrates that an owner has been more caring towards their possession and would have possibly looked after it a bit better (probably doesn't apply to me! :lol: ).

Don't think I've got anything in my GTI's history. The most interesting thing I have for my Alfa is a mint copy of the Autocar magazine in which my car was used for the original 166 roadtest.

muddatrucker

When I bought my STDT there seemed to be every single tax disk stored in the tax disk holder, years and years of them. After a quick look through and amazement of the prices differences I binned them all, I'm not the sentimental type.

AlexRS2782

I've got everything from day 1 including the bill of sale, pdi report, etc, for my Mk1 Focus RS which makes for nice reading & history for the car :)

Got absolutely zero on my Saxo VTS but that wasn't surprising considering the previous owners lol

When i bought my 205 GTI all i gained were the stamped up service book but no receipts, etc, but it didn't matter as most things on the car were replaced, etc, over the years i've owned it, so i've got every bit of paperwork for all the bits i've bought, done, etc :)

Simes

Mine is worrying when I calculate the receipts.

• Like 1

the matt

I've got loads for mine too. I was daft enough to think it all added up to mean the car had been really well looked after.

Kezzer30

I got given nothing with mine , besides a few photos showing about 400 quids worth of work new brake lines and a few odds and sods.

However in the last few months , ive got a fair few receipts , new drop links front pads and discs , alternator belt ream beam trailing arms , and 100quids worth of screws seals and mounts for it aswel , lowering springs , auto electrian on it , oil pressure switch , service , new battery probs one or two more things but im starting to build quite a few bits up now haha already spent over 1000 once beam is on and fitted thats in 6 months not including modified extras such as bonnet paint costs etc oh and the 200+ ive got sat in carbs that havnt been fitted yet :(

eddie bullit

I have the original purchase receipt for mine..the old dear traded in a graphite grey for my steely..

mechanicalrepairs

Love the castles peugeot receipt, that's where I did my apprenticeship.

Carl

chris-gti

Love the castles peugeot receipt, that's where I did my apprenticeship.

Carl

there's a few from castles, i's been a Leicester car most of its life according to the history

adie205

got a good few with mine but like tracking its journey around places, it even came to where I worked as a first job back in 1998 for a service what are the chances

Edp

Mine is worrying when I calculate the receipts.

Welcome to my world!

chris-gti

Yeah, i have a seperate folder for receipts for parts i've put into mine.

I vowed never to open the damn thing and add it up. unfortunately a friend did it for me and 4,500 in i told him politely to foxtrot oscar and take the bloody receipts with him.

welshpug

I have a few French dealer receipts, third owner was a French lady from north London who had the car for 12 years :D

arwel

The white one I bought last year has loads of old receipts adding up to a couple of grand spent on it since the early 2000's. Most interesting receipts are a few from Peugeot in France for a few services and tyres. So someone loved it enough to take it with them to France where looking at the dates on the bills they must have lived over there for a year or two.

custard-rallye

I have turbo technics fitting and a folder about the conversion with mine :)