• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

marcdimma

205 Rear Diffuser

marcdimma

Hi starter a thread some time ago about converting my 205 rear dimma bumper but carn't find it so here is a new 1

I currently have a 205 dimma with 2 jap style rear exhausts I came up with the idea ov fitting a rear diffuser mainly for cosmetic reason as I do like the look ov them

Thought ov a few diffusers to use eg new Clio sport diffuser focus rs or a universal style diffuser

I have now got my bumper of and ready too chop up.hopefully I don't ruin the look ov the dimmas arse end

Ill place some pictures ov the bumper

marcdimma

Which 1 too choose

post-19304-0-24780500-1363470496_thumb.jpg

post-19304-0-54095800-1363470512_thumb.jpg

post-19304-0-32308000-1363470523_thumb.jpg

miamibungers

None of them! Of the ones pictured, none are functional as there's no flat bottom to the car. As Dan mentioned, it's of, off, can't & to.

Edited by miamibungers

ORB

I'm not sure what's in fashion in your country, but diffusers and any styling 'mod' that serves no purpose is considered rubbish!

:)

Please don't cut up a dimma bumper.

marcdimma

I had a feeling no 1 would like the idea but good job it's my car n not yours

also I've gone for the focus rs diffuser just in the process ov getting it too fit nice

chipstick

Hope it doesn't fall ovv.

• Like 5

309jazzpanda

F7, spell check

kyepan

ignore this lot, do what you like. For a diffuser to work effectively the floor of the car needs to be within a couple of centimetres of the ground. I'm sure you know that though. I think the Colin satchel sandy brown hill climb 205 has a functional diffuser, check that out.

Edited by kyepan
  • Like 1

calvinhorse

I think you'd be better off going for the third type (universal)

I've thought about welding mounts to the rear beam tube so it could be mounted there and the bumper to iron out the boot floor casm!

That way it mite do something rather than creating a massive parachute effect under the rear.

Batfink

ignore this lot, do what you like. For a diffuser to work effectively the floor of the car needs to be within a couple of centimetres of the ground. I'm sure you know that though. I think the Colin satchel sandy brown hill climb 205 has a functional diffuser, check that out.

Though Colin is using it primarily to reduce drag under the rear of the car. He's under no illusion it will aid downforce.

kyepan

It will duck tail the back slightly, and help with the drag coefficient, especially combined with a full flat floor, but we're talking about a few percent. certainly better than the parachute rear valance scooping the air.

All the guys with them on their vx220's admitted they didn't create downforce because they weren't close enough to the floor. Like you say, you'd need a fast moving low pressure area under the car to make anything aerodynamic at the back of the car work properly. The specifics of how much downforce diffusers generate at what velocity, and how low they have to be to work effectively is not something i know.

Cameron

A diffuser doesn't generate any downforce itself; it makes the underbody more efficient, hence the need for a flat floor close to the ground. :)

GLPoomobile

You all seem to be under the illusion that the OP wants to do this for aerodynamic reasons :wacko:

• Like 1

bigalthenutter

im confused i thought this was a car forum not a spelling contest, and the fact that @marcdimma wants to fit a rear diffuser for COSMETIC reasons !!!??? he didnt ask to be shot down, only for opinions.

personally if done well @marcdimma it could look good not my cup of tea but as you say its your car . go for it :) hope it works out for you.

rallyeash

I actually quite fancy one on my Rallye, if it helps the drag then all the better. Will also protect my fuel pump, swirl pot etc which is under the boot floor

welshpug

Rear valence only adds drag when setting off from standstill, when moving there is a static volume of air there.

rallyeash

That's interesting!

marcdimma

Turn me back for 2 mins and it all kicks off lol

I'm fitting the focus rs diffuser for cosmetic reasons only I understand all the jargon about downforce I'm not building a slick track car /drag car

I offered the diffuser up before I started cutting and the curves were near on the same as the dimma bumper also exhausts lines bang on in the diffuser

I know I'm taking a gamble on loosening the look of the rear of the dimma but

WHO DARES WINS

Pic will be posted next few days

Batfink

Be different. The peugeot modding scene needs people to try something new.

Cameron

There's a modding scene..? I thought it was just grumpy old sods doing concourse. :P

• Like 3

GLPoomobile

There's a modding scene..? I thought it was just grumpy old sods doing concourse. :P

There's people doing concourse now too? :o

I thought it was all track/rally cars :P

• Like 1

Batfink

I just do what I want. I've never cared too much for other people's opinions when building a car for myself.

• Like 2

Shevy

I'm with Kev on this too, I always do what I want, otherwise the car scene would be bloody boring, whether you are building a track car, show car or everyday car. I like the idea of a rear diffuser :-)