• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
richystran

Is This Bad?

richystran

Ok got my lad head rebuilt by a local engineering firm as it need guides etc. Looking into the inlet chamber the bottom of where the new guide goes is damaged, and on the exhaust side there is fractures and bits of metal which fell off at the bottom of the guides too. I have poked all the loose stuff off and looks like there are no more fractures left but who knows what the eye cannot see!

Should i take it back? They gave me no receipt etc but they are supposed to be a good firm!

Looks like the pic below

post-7887-0-69725100-1363293778_thumb.jpg

richystran

Yeah i thought that, was on phone to him there now and he said he did not notice it at all! What if i had not of noticed it and the bits of metal when a rattling around the inlet chamber wrecking everything in its way! Have to take it to him and see what he can do, hopefully he can save it, its not like flowed/worked heads are two a penny here in n.ireland.

DamirGTI

.. happened to me once when pressing in new valve guides :ph34r: dunno what went wrong ..

Anyway , just remove loosen aluminum around the valve guide and do make sure that you clean up all around the cracked area till the solid surface .. no need to be worried to dig into the coolant passage doing so , cos there's quite enough "meat" on this area (i did porting on this heads and you can grind off the complete area around the valve guide without any issue :) )

Just clean up loosen pieces so that they do not end inside the engine and you can use that head with no further problems .

D B)