• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
madmover

Fuel Pressure And Oil Question

madmover

My car (1.9GTI) has a Fuel boost valve fitted (not sure I rate it in all honesty) but it's for it's 285 cam and vernier pulley. It's set to run too rich and it's not burning all of the fuel it's getting as it's simply receiving too much. What pressure should it be as standard and what is the best option (Aside throwing it in the bin). I have had a search and google for what pressures are recommended but can't find much in the way of specific 205 info.

Also, going to be doing an oil change later, haynes manual says the capacity is 5L but surely thats too much? so I'd like confirmation? i suspect around 4L but I may well be wrong as Im new to the 205 world. If not I'll just go by the dipstick but I like knowing what the manufacturer recommends as well.

Thanks in advance,

Andy

Edited by madmover

dcc

5 litres oil. get rid of the fuel valve thing. get a recurved dizzy to suit the cam better.

madmover

Blimey, that's more than I would of expected. I will have to go and get some more as it only came in 1 or 4L containers. My land rover only has 7.5 and that's over twice the size. (V8)

Thanks for the heads up on the dizzy, didn't think about that.

Cheers,

Andy

dcc

the 1.9 has a fairly shallow sump compared to the 1.6, but they are actually the same oil volume due to the 1.9 using a spacer / strengthening plate. dont forget the 1.9 also has an oil cooler as standard :)

madmover

So its definitely 5L?

As for fuel pressure, any ideas what it should be as standard?

Anthony

Fuel pressure is 3 bar above manifold pressure (so at idle and part throttle it'll be less than 3 bar)

Oil capacity is typically somewhere between 4.5 and 5 litres, depending how well it was drained and whether you have the oil cooler fitted still.

madmover

Thanks Anthony. It took 4.8 in the end.

dcc

was the old oil black? if so I would be tempted to runt hat oil for a week or 2 then dump it and refresh it again :) alot of s*it gets stuck in these old engines if they arent loved!

madmover

Yup, it was awful so I've just done another change after 800 miles which has proven to be beneficial :)