• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
barry d

Cracking Paint

barry d

hi im spraying primer on a fibreglass bonnet and in three different spots the primer seems to be cracking .sanded it down again last night and sprayed again.help please as i dont know what to do next.

stu8v

Sounds like it could be that the paint hasnt been mixed correctly or its been over thinned.

Failing that a temperature issue?

Kezzer30

Any polish or silicon could have been near it ? Sound like a reaction , you can get some easy flow drops for about 7 quid last a fair few times aswel .

Ps are u using cans or proper gun etc

barry d

im using a proper gun in a heated garage.half of the bonnet is fine its just a few spots where its cracking

Kezzer30

im using a proper gun in a heated garage.half of the bonnet is fine its just a few spots where its cracking

Heated garage lucky you haha and hmm its strange i had a bad laquer problem where it starte reacting on everything i sprayed turned out it was silicon so the drops cured it , very silly question but have u used proper panel wipe on it?

barry d

ya i used panel wipe.where do u get the drops and how do u use them.?im going to sand the cracked parts down tonight and repaint tomorrow just dont want it to crack again.

Kezzer30

Just nipped into garage and took a photo for you mate

3B9B866D-1415-4C5B-A908-F1BA79AA396F-302

These are what your after and most decent paint shops shoul have them all you do it put a few drops into your primer , paint or laquer mix and it works a treat lad , i use them all time to minumise reactions