• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jamie_1992

Gti6 High Idle

jamie_1992

when you rev the engine it takes a while to return to idle (around 1000rpm) it stays around 2000 rpm sometimes drops down after a second or two , then other times it just stays there still you turn the engine off and start it again and it idles at 1000 fine untill you rev it again

i have taken the idle control valve off and cleaned it out with brake cleaner i think i need a new one but befor i buy is there anything else this could be?

pug_ham

Sticky throttle linkage or cable?

g

jamie_1992

i dont think it could be an air leak as it returns to idle when you turn it off then on again i have had a quick cheak of all the hoses and i also cheaked the linkage but nothing

how much would you pay for a icv?

i called up main dealer they wanted £120 then i called motor factors they wanted £84 so then looking on ebay you can buy one for about £10-£20 will one off ebay be ok to use they say they have a 2 year garrantee

shalmaneser

Sticky icv I reckon. It's not a big deal though really, I'd just deal with it!

ablister

Yeah, doubt it'd be an air leak if it returns to normal intermittently. They are bad for ICVs anyway as you already know so i'd try a new one or known working one

jamie_1992

well i just ordered an ebay jobbie for £9.97 cheap and cheerfull so see what that dose

camgti

Any progress on this?

kyepan

make sure there is enough tension in the throttle return spring and that the throttle is not sticking up en, as above, the difference between 1 and 2krpm in terms of throttle angle will be very slight

make sure there is enough tension in the throttle return spring and that the throttle is not sticking up en, as above, the other between 1 and 2krpm in terms of throttle angle will be very slight

jamie_1992

Well my new idle control valve turned up although it looked similar the holes where in different places I could fit it with one screw in but it was the same still sticking so I'm thinking that its no good so I'm after a genuine one but can't seem to find one anywhere and I don't fancy £120 from Peugeot

So if anyone dose have one would be appreciated