• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Nick_j_r

205 Cti S16 Inspiration Needed

Nick_j_r

Hi I'm Nick, I've had my 205 for about a year and a half, I picked it from from Milton Keynes and drove it back to north Wales, only to get in it the following morning to go to work and the crank pulley decided to fall off. It has been off the road since then pretty much and I've kept it as a project. Some things I've done are the Cambelt and new billet crank pulley, and took it down to miles to have it completely re-wired along with the fitment of the gti6 power steering pump, gti6 inlet, stainless gear linkages.

Picture of how I bought it,

decb2970.jpg

Some pics afterwards,

28dcf3ce.jpg

a06eca38.jpg

fc37c888.jpg

cf1afe42.jpg

b23859f0.jpg

d63b4ab3.jpg

pip470

Is this the one I keep seeing on ebay? Looks very nice, it actually looks better here than it does on ebay. I feel your pain mate, all it will take though is a day to get the roof down and go for a big drive. Why not go to the lakes meet just to enjoy it a little?

Nick_j_r

Yeah it's been on ebay a few times, currently needs a few bits doing then MOT and tax, NEED to get this done for the summer so I can enjoy it :)

welshpug

I'd raise it an inch then just use it :)

calvinhorse

Like that a lot!! Skirts looked good :)

Weser

Like that a lot!! Skirts looked good :)

Are they the standard sills painted white?

I have always thought this looks nice and tidy when seen it on ebay. I would get it sorted and enjoy it in the sun. Hell your in a great part of the country for some decent roads!

Nick_j_r

It had the original 205 optional extra body kit, however it was quite crudely fitted and not in the best shape so I took it all off and sold it, I've got original bumpers to go on, hopefully be doing new brake line to the rear tomorrow ill update with pictures. Nick

Henry Yorke

I've seen this a few times on eBay and even at shows in the past. They are standard sills so it does look a lot lower than it is actually riding. Tyres look like 45's too, so even lower.

Roof off and enjoy it this summer! The Lakes trip is awesome for CTIs if the weather is good :)

calvinhorse

I'm talking about the top picture, how he bought it, with aftermarket side skirts

Weser

I have those skirts on mine. Really dont like them to be honest but scared to take them off incase there are nastys underneath.

Willem_Jacobs

Looks a lot like mine :)

DSC_1263.jpg

DSC_1218.jpg

DSC_1266.jpg

What kind of interior is in yours?? 309 GTi?

Nick_j_r

Yours is lovely! It's the 309 good wood leather seats I think

un numero d'or

standard 205 seats