• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gavbrum

Stainless Exhaust Needs Cat Fitted For Mot

gavbrum

Good points but I think the emissions are high therefore it fails. Gonna price up a whole new exhaust which means the stainless steel one on at the moment might be up for grabs.

ablister

Good points but I think the emissions are high therefore it fails. Gonna price up a whole new exhaust which means the stainless steel one on at the moment might be up for grabs.

I wouldn't replace whole exhaust just for a lambda sensor issue. If exhaust is good, just use what you have to save money?

gavbrum

Its a stainless steel exhaust and probably worth more intact. Car needs a lambda and a CAT so I'd be as well doing the whole thing. Plus its too bloody noisy anyway. Some people like that sort of thing, the previous owner for example, but its not my cup of tea and I'd like to go back to something more original. I'm gonna go through the service and receipts folder and see if thee is a receipt for the exhaust. It would be handy knowing what make it is etc.

So any suggestions on standard-ish exhaust systems for a '93 1.9 Motronic GTi are most welcomed.

Miles

Look for a S/H OE CAT, all the pattern ones are rubbish and will last all of 5 minutes and really restrict the cars performance, even so called performance CAT's fall into the same boat unless you look at a few quid, Sods law as I weighed one in a few weeks back

gavbrum

Anyone got a good condition 2nd hand one lying about?

Miles

Not at all, just a cheap pattern one which you can buy new for that price almost, a OE Cat will have PSA stamped on it

gavbrum

Is it really worth hunting for an OE one? Is there no pattern brand you'd recommend?

gavbrum

Gonna go with intermediate pipe and rear silencer as they are still available from pug.

£132.40 for the Intermediate pipe.

£97.80 for the rear silencer.

Just need a decent CAT now.

Anyone feel free to point me in the right direction.

Cheers,

Gav

gavbrum

Ordered from Peugeot. Got over 25% discount from them. So all in I'm only going to be about £160 for both bits.

If you don't ask you don't get.

Now I just need a CAT and Lambda.

Anyone suggest a decent pattern one?

Edited by gavbrum

pug_ham

Gav, start a wanted topic.

I've got a cat front pipe from a 1.6 XU Mardi Gras auto that used to be my mums car before I stripped it, its a different number on service box to the one fitted to the 1.9 GTI but will fit fine & afaik is an oe cat.

I'll check the cat for a brand name later.

g