• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Carbs4me

Lower Collum For Vts Rack

Carbs4me

Hello,

My local auto parts shop have given me this and says it the only one that came back for a 205

Ive tried to fit it but doesn't fit, when i first saw it i didn't think it was the correct one.

This is the part i was supplied. I know it needs to be square but this surely cant be the right one?

8470023873_13c975b14a_m.jpg

Is that correct? if not can someone supply me the correct fitment in a picture? so i can pass it onto the suppliers so they can come back with the correct one as its taken them 2 weeks to get this.

Paul_13

You want a non PAS square drive lower column. The one in pic above is definitely wrong

Anthony

As above, you need the column for a late (something like 1990 onwards) NON-PAS 205/309, which will be square drive and fits fine.

All 205/309 PAS racks are spline drive, so the UJ from one won't fit, which is where you've tripped up.

Early 205/309 non-PAS lower columns are also spline drive, so you need to make sure that's a later one.