• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
205turbo

Mi16 Spark Plug Seals

205turbo

I know this has been covered a few times in the past years but i have been looking into having them made,

i have had a few companys come back to me and there are a few options

the cost of having them made like these

seals003.jpg

are coming out a crazy price due to the 8.5mm height on the seals

but hight upto 6mm are very good,

so my question is if they were made 39 x 27 x 6mm could some automotive engine sealer be used to bridge the cap

or if i had the seals made 39 x 27 x 4.25mm and they sat on top of each other with a smidge of sealer

what are peoples thoughts

Edited by 205turbo

farmer

if it a large expense. I can see what's left in stock abroad and order as many as I can if that's any help to your case?

GLPoomobile

I'll impart a little hint that was passed on to me by my learned friend DrSarty. You can get these dirt cheap from most plumbers merchants, albeit they require a little modification.

Rubber sink/bath plugs, with the middle cut out :D Needs to be the right size of course.

• Like 1

dave richards

i approached this a little different having looked through eBay at seals etc i used the dimensions mentioned on the site and came up with these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Metric-30-x-40-x-8mm-Single-Lip-Piston-Rod-Oil-Grease-Seal-U32i-/400348826314?_trksid=p2046732.m2060&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D27%26meid%3D6152578458443700740%26pid%3D100040%26prg%3D1011%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D400348826314%26

i bought them and thought i could use an o-ring in the grove to seal the top and some rtv for the bottom

DSC05650.jpg

the o-ring idea went out of the window when every time i tightened the cam cover down they seemed to role out into the plug holes

excuse the excess rtv in the picture as it was cleaned out after an hour of swearing at the o-rings

DSC05649.jpg

i have a thought about things an decided a run or rtv slightly proud of the grove would work as a sealing ring so went about cleaning the head up again re applying the sealant to that and the seals then bolted the cover down carefully, i then left the car for a couple of days and used my push bike to get around

I've been using the car for long journeys for just over 2 weeks now and have found there to be no oil in the spark tubes at all so hopefully my issues have been solved by this

JeffR

Maybe you could get them made 4.5mm thick & stack 2 together? The extra .5mm height would probably enable a good oil tight seal.

farmer

Ciac Gent show four of these in stock if anybody want's me to ask for them would be easier to match up. That's if am correct in saying it's part number 0213 06 ?

S@m

Yep, 021306 is the correct part number. :)

• Like 1

farmer

Well offers there to ask if they have them guys.

205turbo

20130322_193106-1_zps58b46346.jpg

well i have had some made and they look ok,

they are a 2 part bonded seal

so if anyone is still needs them i can do them for £7.50 a set posted (Will post a topic in group buys later)

Edited by 205turbo

welshpug

Baker BM sorted the tooling for these last week, first batch pending.

734103_626164067410768_871033887_n.jpg

Edited by welshpug

Alan_M

20130322_193106-1_zps58b46346.jpg

well i have had some made and they look ok,

they are a 2 part bonded seal

so if anyone is still needs them i can do them for £7.50 a set posted (Will post a topic in group buys later)

What's the material used?

205turbo

there made of viton rubber