• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
danboo89

Xud9 Into 1.8 N/a 205

danboo89

hi been thinking about putting a 1.9 dturbo engine in my 205 as i bent the conrod on the n/a engine i have read a few old posts about the swap but nothing is said about wiring ? are there any wiring changes to be made or is it all just plug in and go ? dont want to drop 175 quid on the engine to find out its going to be a b*tch.

also are there alot of changes with coolant pipes ? and alot of changes to boost pipes ?

any advice would be gratefull cheers :)

welshpug

use the original loom is easiest, minimal mods to the cooling system, what exactly depends on the age of the 205, no mods to the standard 306 intercooler pipework required, but an auto bonnet and some form of ducting would be a good idea.

danboo89

its a k reg 205, so no changes to wiring then ? i have an auto bonnet but if i can front mount it easy enough probably better with that do i need any coolant pipes off the 306 or just mod the 205 ones to fit ?

cheers

Josh_Quant

down pipe hardest part and that's not hard!

I changed 1 connector on my complete loom and that was for the 306 alternator

welshpug

downpipe is a doddle, just use a 205 turbo one.

you don't use any 306 coolant pipes.

danboo89

brilliant ! i bloody hate wiring ! might go far it then just trying to find something cheaper than 175 from scrapyard now. seems stupid that i can pick up a hdi engine cheaper than dturbo or n/a

Josh_Quant

best thing i done to mine ;)

kernowjoe

will be doing the swap on mine at some point, but at the moment its a nice low mileage 1.8td so should be alright for a while

mmcgtk

the loom is exactly the same for transfering(not as a 306) ,just when your taking the wires off the 1.8 mark and tape them,then just refit to the 306 engine, e.g. solenoid,glowplugs,starter,alt. and other sensors

ive done this swap on st stephens/boxing day,simple enough

Edited by mmcgtk

Richie-Van-GTi

Depending on the donor engine the fuel pump may be coded. If it is you need to replace the stop solenoid in the pump with a standard one which will be about £10 from most motor factors. much easier to do with engine out as the cover over the top can be a pain.

aggyj

Try and get one with a bosch diesel pump easier to tune and can also run on veg

Paul_13

Just have a spare filter if running on veg like I've just found out. Drags all the s*it from the tank through