• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jonb_5

Where To Route Pipes When Fitting Weber 40's

jonb_5

Hi,

I have searched without much luck.

I am fitting twin 40's to my 1.6 GTi and have 4 pipes after removing the inlet manifold.

1. Header tank reservoir pipe

2. Distributor Vacuum

3. Brake Servo

4. Water pipe going to the right hand side of head?

My question is, I have 2 take-offs on the manifold where I was planning on putting the brake servo and distributor vacuum. Where do the other 2 go?

Thanks

Jon

ORB

I am sure I'm correct in saying Bin the header tank one, you don't need it. As with the Dizzy Vac.

Miles

yes you need the header tank one, Think logically where the pipe went thru and route it directly to the stat housing

Dizzy needs altering by H&H, not 100% sure about the advance but most are not connected

servo, take off from inlet as normal

petert

You only need the vacuum advance if you're concerned about fuel economy.

jonb_5

Ok thanks guys.

Out of interest, nothing I have read indicates I need to modify the dizzy, what do I need to do to it?

boldy205

You can have the dizzy re weighted, altering ignition timing. As Miles said, H&H do the job, i have heard good things about them. Give them a call with the spec of your engine and they will sort you out. From memory, its not that expensive.

pug_ham

I am sure I'm correct in saying Bin the header tank one, you don't need it. As with the Dizzy Vac.

As miles said, you do need this hose or else the system has no return to the expansion tank.

Just trim the hose from the tank down so it will fit onto the pipe that comes out of the thermostat housing & its fine.

This is how I run my cars with the standard inlet, you don't need throttle body heating in the UK.

g